Home Healthy Tips 101 5 tricks to avoid damaging your health while sitting at your workplace

5 tricks to avoid damaging your health while sitting at your workplace

by Darcel Frost
58 views

Remember that for every hour you spend in front of the computer you should rest for about five minutes to calm your eyes and take care of your visual health and be able to do some stretching

Poor posture added to excessive sedentary lifestyle can seriously harm our health. If you want this to change, but you have to spend the whole day sitting at your workplace, take note of these recommendations and put them into practice. In this way you will prevent your health from being affected during your workday.

And, according to different studies , aspects such as fatigue and pain in the muscles and joints 75% of the time are due to an incorrect posture when sitting in front of the computer and the remaining 25% to the lack of rest.

With these tricks you can prevent this from going to more.

Tips to carry out while sitting at your workplace

1. Don’t cross your legs

It is one of the most common actions when sitting, but crossing the legs only encourages poor posture. And is that this bad habit worsens blood circulation. It obstructs your normal flow and causes unpleasant sensations like numbness and restless leg syndrome.

  • The most advisable thing is that you adjust your chair and position your legs in such a way that they are not suspended in the air and the edge of the chair.
  • Remember you should not press below the knees.
  • Lastly, place your feet on the floor or on a special support. This way, the legs will be bent at an angle a little more than 90 degrees.

2. For the sake of your health, try not to bend your back

We know you can’t help but spend a lot of time sitting at your workplace. But if you sit in such a way that your spine is not straight, the most common thing will be that you end up with back pain .

  • You can avoid this if you position your chair in such a way that its depth matches the length of your hips .
  • If your chair is too big, put a cushion behind the waist. Otherwise, you will always slide backwards in the chair, which will cause tension and pain in your back.
  • The chair should have a comfortable back with a natural curve so that the back does not form the shape of a question mark.

3. Avoid tension in the hands

When you work in front of the computer, the truth is that there is always some tension in the hands, which can end up causing a dull and persistent pain . Also, numbness in the hands is often due to incorrect posture .

To avoid possible ailments:

  • Position your shoulders and forearms so that the keyboard and mouse are at elbow level.
  • The wrists should be straight, not deviate to the sides.
  • The arms should be bent at a 90 degree angle and the forearms should rest on the desk.

4. Adjust your monitor to avoid neck pain

Neck pain is one of the most annoying problems derived from spending many hours sitting at your workplace in front of the computer. So that your neck and head do not hurt, it is important to position the monitor correctly .

If it is set too low, you will have to arch your back quite a bit or slide down in the chair. All of this will intensify the load on the intervertebral discs and can cause hernias and protrusions .

The best thing is that you sit in the chair, close your eyes and relax. When you open them, you will see in front of the point where the screen should be located.

  • If you think it is convenient, use a monitor stand so that it is located at eye level .
  • The screen should face the front, not the side. Thus the load on the neck and the eyes will be much less.

5. Blink to avoid itchy eyes

Excessive use of the computer leads to dry eyes. In addition, you can end up presenting the so-called visual syndrome that is characterized by blurred vision, dryness, redness, headaches and eye irritation .

  • To avoid this, it is important that you have the optimal location in the center of the screen. It should be right at the level of your eyes, about 50 cm from the face.
  • Another recommendation is that you reduce the brightness of the screen and increase the size of the letter. And of course, don’t forget to exercise for your eyes.
  • Every hour, for 20 seconds, you can look out the window or simply look up from the screen so your eyes can rest from the computer.

If you spend a lot of time sitting in your workplace, it is important that you become aware of the unwanted consequences that it can bring. Therefore, do not forget to carry out these tips to avoid them.

You may also like

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More