By adding flaxseed to the diet we will be providing a large amount of nutrients in a simple way and without much effort, although we must be constant with its consumption in order to see the results.
To improve the functioning of your body, one of the decisions you must make is to include flaxseed in your diet. Also known as the super seed, in recent years it has gained fans thanks to the evolution of the fitness world .
Now many people want to eat healthy to keep their body and mind in good condition. In this objective, flaxseed has begun to play an important role . Its excellent properties and the benefits it brings to health can be taken advantage of by consuming it naturally or cooked.
Include it in your diet . Thanks to its anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, antioxidant and antiallergic properties, it will revitalize your body and allow you to enjoy good health.
By adding flaxseed in the diet the body is healthy
Considered a “super-seed”, flax contains essential nutrients for good health.
Flaxseed has become an essential food to accelerate physical and mental development. In fact, there are many nutrients that this seed has. It is a rich source of insoluble and soluble fibers . In addition, it contains vitamins and minerals. It also provides alpha-linoleic acid, which is a type of fatty acid from the Omega 3 group , and lignans, which are phytochemical antioxidants.
With these characteristics we assure you that adding flaxseed to your diet will guarantee you a better state of health. Take into account that it serves to:
- Improve digestive health (diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel, ulcerative colitis, gastritis, irritable bowel, intestinal inflammation).
- Relieve constipation.
- Reduce blood cholesterol.
- Reduce the risks of suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
- Help prevent cancer diseases .
- Delaying the symptoms of menopause.
- Prevent arthritis.
7 benefits of flax seed or linseed
1. Helps you lose weight
Flaxseed is excellent for weight loss. Thanks to its vegetable fiber, it not only acts against constipation, but also helps control appetite and the feeling of anxiety.
2. Regulates cholesterol
The fiber it contains binds to cholesterol and helps eliminate it naturally. In this way it prevents it from accumulating in the blood and being absorbed by the body.
3. Relieves inflammation
Its linoleic acid content attributes anti-inflammatory properties. In this way, by adding flaxseed to the diet you can combat problems such as colitis, gastritis, arthritis and tendonitis.
4. Protect the heart
It prevents heart disease, as it helps prevent the formation of blood clots in the arteries and veins. A role played by its many essential fatty acids.
5. Burns more fat
Flaxseed activates the use of fats for energy generation . In this way, it provides vitality to the body, allowing the muscles to regenerate and stimulating the elimination of body fat. So you can have a healthy and slim body.
6. Protects the skin
It is ideal for fighting skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema. In addition, it helps to soften it and gives hair vitality.
7. Works as an antioxidant
Thanks to its contribution of vitamins and minerals, it helps to delay the aging process. Vitamins B, C and E are excellent antioxidants that fight free radicals .
How to incorporate it into the diet
Including flaxseed in your usual preparations will give you all its benefits on a day-to-day basis.
The best option to add flaxseed to your diet is to distribute it at meals. Consume about four tablespoons a day. Its flavor of nuts will give a special touch to your diet . You can mix it:
- With your condiments or dressings.
- Ground into breakfast cereals or yogurts.
- With fruit juices.
- In pancakes.
- In pastry products.
- With milk, it can be hot or cold.
- In pasta or salad sauces.
You will see that you can eat it with everything. Its flavor can go unnoticed and you will not even realize the great benefits it will bring to your body.
To take advantage of all its benefits you must have perseverance and discipline in the incorporation of flaxseed in the diet. At first, you can consider it as a treatment, but later, you will see that it will be a natural day-to-day decision.
You already know it’s four tablespoons a day. So you should try to make sure they are one for each main meal and the last one for one of your meals. Follow these steps every day and with each of your meals .
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed (15 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
What should you do?
- Add a tablespoon of flaxseed to a glass of water.
- Drink this mixture about 20 minutes before each meal and you will see how you will regulate your appetite.
- With this method you will guarantee the necessary amount and, in addition, you will already be drinking 4 of the 8 glasses of water that are recommended per day.
Use flaxseed as an oil
Flaxseed oil can also be used in your usual foods.
If any of your dishes need oil, egg , butter or margarine, choose to substitute a tablespoon of flaxseed. This way you will avoid consuming saturated fat.
- For the treatment to have good results you must be constant. You will notice changes from the first month.
- Include flaxseed in your diet for two months in a row, then take a month off from treatment.
- For best results it is vital that you accompany the consumption of flaxseed with physical activity and a healthy and balanced diet .
More and more natural products are added to our lives. Having a healthy body and mind is not complicated, you just need to make the decision and be disciplined.